Saturday, January 17, 2015

#whimsybykelly2015 day 17

I have managed to complete the It's A String Thing #75 tile. I am going to try and do my tile for Tackle It Tuesday and at least get it posted tonight.


"Do the Hokey Pokey" String 075; Tangles: Ennies, Bales, Echoism, Pokeleaf, Pokeroot

I have been up since about 3:30 this morning. My better half's mother went to her heavenly home at about 3 this morning. We were at her house until about 6 this morning. Around 6:30 my daughter called and sounded truly horrible. She said she had a fever, her head hurt and she had a little rattling in her chest. I told her she probably had a sinus infection and a little bronchitis. I also told her she probably needed antibiotics. Around 10 my best friend/sister had come to take me to the post office so I could mail off the hands I completed. We went by and got my daughter and took her to minute clinic at CVS. That turned out to be the hour and a half clinic. They told her she had sinusitis and bronchitis, at which point I told her that's why I'm the Momma. I managed to get my mail off and we went to get her meds and take her back home. When I got home my better half informed me that he had almost burnt the kitchen down. He is notorious for putting hotdogs or sausages on (on high mind you) and laying dosn and falling asleep. I figured he had burnt the post again. While looking around at the smokey layer on the upper part of my kitchen and my ceiling I happened to look at my kitchen window, at which point I asked him if flames were involved. He said yes. My venetian blinds on my kitchen window were warped as if from too much heat. I spent the next two hours working on cleaning my seiling and the upper part of my walls. I got about half way done before I ran out of paper towels and window cleaner (this is great for removing the majority of the soot). By this time it was 4:00. I stopped at that point and will finish tomorrow or one day next week. All of this to say I don't know if I will get my other tile done.
ther
Have a blessed evening and will have something to post tomorrow other than a long story.

6 comments:

  1. Goodness, you have had a tough day and you were still creative! Praying for comfort, calm and safety for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I think the act of creating tiles has helped to keep me calm and focused.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! That is way too much for one day! I hope tomorrow is much calmer for you and your family. Sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's been awhile since I had a day like that.

      Delete
  4. My condolences on your family's loss. :( I'm glad the kitchen wasn't worse although it sounds like quite the mess and I hope your daughter feels better soon! I also hope slept in today and that you just randomly take a nap today because my goodness do you deserve one after a day like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I slept till 6 (am), which is sleeping in for me.

      Delete

Translate