Saturday, January 10, 2015

#whimsybykelly2015 day 10

After looking at the Jennibellie thing the other day I decided to make a background on a canvas for a project I have in mind.
I put my paint on wax paper and smoosh my canvas in it. Sometimes I'll turn the canvas in different directions to fill some spots I miss. Then I take paper or cardboard (this is a great way to recycle that stuff we usually throw out like cereal boxes, kleenex boxes etc.) and get the excess paint off the wax paper. I then put everything aside to dry and decide what I am going to do. I even save the wax paper and sometimes use it on other mixed media things I happen to work on, por as part of a journal.

The picture below is one I did in November and haven't created anything with it yet.

The ones below are the ones I did yesterday and left to dry. After looking at the canvas, I now want to just leave it as a picture and call it Poinsettia.

Canvas and acrylic paint: Poinsettia

wax paper left over

2 small cards and a 3 1/2 x 31/2 tile(the smaller card in the upper left reminds me of the drawings by Amy in "Congo")

2 comments:

  1. It does look like a poinsettia!!!! I love it! The colors are GORGEOUS. My creation yesterday looked like there had been a massacre in my studio. :D

    ReplyDelete

Translate