Friday, August 1, 2014

Non artistic day

I ended up taking care of a lot of the first of the month business today. This basically involved paying bills and grocery shopping. I did make it to the library to return some books and pick up some holds. I recently ran across an author named Charles W Chesnutt and wanted to check out some of his writing. He was not well published and some of his works were published after his death. He was a turn of the century African American author. If you have read any of the works of Paul Lawrence Dunbar you will recognize the dialect he writes in. Chestnutt uses a combination of regular Northern dialect and the Southern slave dialect. Sometimes this can make the reading difficult as you are "translating" while you are reading. I had put 12 books on hold, but I think several of them may contain duplicate writings. I will have to compare the table of contents on the books and determine which ones I will read. Since I have to work tomorrow (11 hours), and have plans with my daughter on Sunday, I will probably be doing this on Monday.

I didn't get an opportunity today to do much artistic work. I have been looking at some new tangles and copying them in my book. I found a couple that I want to play with some more and maybe do some ZIA's with.

I have to get up early tomorrow and prepare myself for the day; so, I will say adios, au revoir, auf wiedersehen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate