Thursday, July 31, 2014

Outside my comfort zone

When I initially saw Aquafleur, I thought that's really pretty. Then I tried to do the tangle and thought, no. That was several months ago. The other day I decided to practice with the tangles and doing different things with them. I started at the beginning of the tangles on http://tanglepatterns.com/. When I got to Aquafleur I decided to conquer the pattern. This time I was much more pleased with my attempt and felt I understood the pattern.


I decided to play around with Quib and then added Aquafleur to it. After I did that I looked at my picture and it reminded me of a surf board and jellyfish, so I added some other tangles to it and came up with this picture.

Surfing the Wave
Tangles: Quib, Aquafleur, Purk, Sanibelle, Awrop(by Judy Murphy) 

Unfortunately, I did it on the back of some other practice pages I had done, so I don't know that I can frame it at some later date. I may go ahead and trim it and put it on cardstock. I still need to play some more with Aquafleur. I think I'll do that now.

Was checking my e-mail awhile ago and this was on The Sifter. This was the Grand Prize winning photo of the 2014 National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest. It was taken in Julesburg, CO. All I can say is awesome.


Here are more Aquafleur practices. The circle and the triangle have shading added. I left the bottom tangle unshaded to show the difference between shading and not.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate