Friday, July 11, 2014

Patterns

As promised I have scanned my latest Blackout poetry ZIA. It is titled "Prize".
Prize
He raised his eyes, the woman stirred.
A tantalizing prize.
His alone
Tangles:Yang, Yincut,Chard,Intersection,Bubbles/Tipple,Nine-patch/Knightsbridge(not what I envisioned)

I included some shading on this image. I am thinking about using either my white gelly roll pen or my gold paint pen to draw separating lines on the Nine-patch/Knightsbridge section.

 I am also scanning some of the pictures from the book "Pattern Motifs:A Sourcebook" by Graham Leslie McCallum. I have included what they remind me of from Zentangle patterns.

Stone Age Europe
Square grid, Dot grid

Neolithic Europe
Dot grid

Mesopotamia
Diamond Shape; Nine-patch

Mesopotamia
Grid,Hurray

Mesopotamia
Riverstone

Mesopotamia
Snugz,Tipz

Mesopotamia
Spiral

Egyptian
Bales

Egyptian

Minoan
Cadent

Minoan
Knightsbridge

Mycenaean
Spiral/Coil,Shattuck and Arc Flower,Feathers

Do we build on the past and recycle, are we channeling a genetic memory or is it a little bit of both? This is a true representation of everything old is new again.

My last book I had on hold at the library was returned and I picked it up today. "The Art of Whimsical Lettering" by Joanne Sharpe. I am sooooooo excited!!!! I have already leafed through and pretty much read the whole book. Can't wait to start playing.

Quote: Yesterday is another country, the borders are now closed." Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate