Sunday, July 13, 2014

Favorite Things

I did a little straightening up on my work table today and also cleaned it. The table is glass and was starting to look dusty and smudgy. I put up some beading stuff that was just floating around and getting in my way.
I also had an epiphany for posting stuff where I have a quick visual reminder. Since I am now going back to the library and have several items checked out with different return dates, I taped the printout that shows what I checked out(highlighted in pink) and the due date(highlighted in blue) to the underside of my glass table. I love it when I have epiphanies.

For some reason today the song "Favorite Things" keeps playing through my head. My solution was to make a little card to that effect.

Favorite Things

The list includes, books, dogs, cats, chocolate,movies, any flavor of vanilla ice cream other than vanilla, pens, pencils, blank paper, Fall,egg foo young, sunflowers, irises... As the song says these are a few of my favorite things.

I also scanned some of my practice pages from my lettering journal. One of the prompts was to use paint and a paint brush to do the lettering. This is something I will try more of as it seems to be a nice effect.














The first three scans are of practice with different pens. The next shows a test to see if the pens are waterproof(most of the pens were but the paper bled). The next was a using the technique of drawing on the letters. I also did an experiment with my Derwent watercolor pencils. I then used markers in differnet colors and wrote words on them. You use one color and write some workd then you apply another color and write over the previous words. I'm not sure I did this right and may try that again. I used metallic paint and a paintbrush to make my alphabet. I will try this again with different size and types of brushes. I wrote a really big word and wrote in the word with a fine point pen. This one is still a work in progress. The last four pictures are samples of practice handwriting I had done several weeks ago and pasted in my journal. At some point I want to get some different markers to try and maybe some other types of pens.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate