Saturday, July 12, 2014

Random thoughts

My friend is going to see his family next week and one of his granddaughters is having a birthday. I made a card for her and am posting it here because I liked the way it turned out. Nothing fancy, just her name and happy birthday. She can use it as a name tag maybe.


Tangle:Betweed

I spent some time with my friend and her grandson this afternoon. Stopped by family dollar and picked up a few necessities and a Composition notebook to use for my lettering practices. We went by MD's for some burgers and a cone. When she was dropping me off at home her grandson decided he wanted to go to the water park. I really didn't want to go, but decided what the heck. We were there about an hour and I really enjoyed myself. Even though it was hot today there weren't really a lot of people there. I enjoyed watching the kids engaging in good old fashioned fun and even took off my shoes and waded through the water. We had a nice shady spot to sit in and there was a little breeze. My daughter called while we were there and when she found out where I was she said she was jealous :). After I got back home I fried some chicken and fixed some fries. Pretty good little meal. I then watched a documentary on Netflix called forgotten planet and it was very interesting. They covered pairings of towns/cities that have become abandoned for different reasons. I had had a discussion with my daughter about how our city isn't too far off the demise of Detroit and Gary several weeks ago and they were both discussed in the documentary. I was also keeping an eye on the score for the Detroit/Kansas City baseball game. We lost to them for the third night in a row. I am watching a documentary now on the plight of the "Sugar Hill Gang". Very informative and interesting. Don't have any other pictures to post today. Will post some of my lettering "play" tomorrow.

Quote:"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate