Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Waxing Poetic

Today, I have done some reading, created another ZIA of blackout poetry and watched some movies on Netflix. I also pulled some weeds from my teeny flowerbed in front of my house. No flowers, lots of weeds. I had a stimulating conversation with my daughter about, storms, fire, grasshoppers and ants.
My latest ZIA is shown below. I am trying to determine the best tangles to use that leave a good amount of white while covering the words I am not using.
We had another big storm last night, which is unusual for this time of year here. The last two storms we lost power for a brief period. Last night my daughter lost power. When it came back on she kept hearing a popping noise and they discovered a large limb on a power line in back of her house. My daughter called the power company and the 911 because she was worried about a fire. The firemen told her she should be okay until the power company came and removed the limb but advised her to shut off the power to her house. It's July in Kansas, you need air conditioning or a fan, so her husband made the male decision to leave the power on. My daughter was up until 4 AM worrying. Her house did not burn down and when I talked with her she was still waiting for the power company. Our grasshoppers and ants discussion was in comparing humans to the fable of the grasshopper and the ant. That's another blog for another time.
I read some of the "Stories in Stone" book. It is very educational on the history of cemeteries. I also looked at a book I got yesterday called "Pattern Motifs". It is a visual book. While looking through it I was amazed at how often patterns show up in different cultures and how many patterns I saw as being existing zentangles. I will try to scan some of the motifs and the related zentangles.

The End
Basking in the light, he dove in.
Too late, he reached up once.
The end had come.
 Tangles: Hollibaugh, Onomato, Floatfest, Knightsbridge, Rixty, Meer, Crescent Moon, Laced

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate