Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Delays

As I was dozing off last night I realized I didn't do my blog for yesterday. Since I needed to get up early I decided to include it in the one for today.

I went to the library yesterday and checked out some novels from some of my favorite authors. Jeffrey Deaver, John Grisham, Terry Brooks and Steve Berry. My daughter and I also roamed around and looked at other titles. We then had lunch and I came on home to get JD ready for his trip. I spent the remainder of my afternoon ironing and watching the X-Files on Netflix. I have a book of letter stencil punches in different fonts. I punched out the different letters to include in my lettering journal. I have been tracing the letters today and am leaving space to practice free-hand lettering. I also plan to possibly glue some of the letters in my journal. I copied some alphabets from the book "Celebration Calligraphy" by Ruth Booth.

The weather has cooled off here and it feels really great.

I received a call from Amtrak last night advising of a delay for the train today. At that time they were saying the departure from here would be delayed about 3 hors. When I got up this morning I checked the website for updates and now the delay is at about 6.5 hours. This is not a major problem right now as it will cut down the Chicago layover to about 45 minutes. It is now 9 AM local time and the most recent check on the train indicates JD will miss his connecting train in Chicago. I called Amtrak to see what will happen. The said to go to the ticket window and they will make some kind of accommodations on that end. The train is running 7 hrs and 33 minutes late as of 12:15 PM. Well the train finally departed for Chicago at almost 4 PM, 8 hours late. It should arrive in Chicago around midnight. Unsure what will happen at that point. JD is traveling with no cell phone, phone numbers or addresses. He is very resourceful and I am sure he will arrive at his destination, a full 23 hours after he was supposed to. :(

I had to work today and got home after 7. With everything that went on I didn't get anything scanned. I will scan and post pictures tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate