Thursday, July 24, 2014

What to do next?

I got up this morning (thank you Jesus), did my usual morning routine, fixed my coffee and headed to the computer in my "office". I read my e-mails, looked at some of the blogs that showed up with new postings, and admired the artwork and gift of gab of others. Then I set about doing some scanning.

First I scanned my completed piece from yesterday.

Optical 1
Tangles: Maryhill and tangellations, Paradox, Rosewood(variation)


 Then I scanned the pages in my sketchbook that I skip past because I'm going to do something else. I do look at them in contemplation of doing something, but if the inspiration does not hit me I keep going. I call these WIP, work in progress (can you tell I was a civil servant bombarded with acronyms?).



Large Abstract

Large Abstract Face

Large Abstract

Wip or practice?
I haven't decided yet if this is just a practice page or if it will eventually become an actual finished project.

In the process of scanning one of them showed up as just a blank page with very faint lines of the image. I think this happened because the image is currently in pencil. I started to go over the lines in pen; however, being a WIP I don't know that I want to do outlines as of yet. I attempted to upload the image anyway and it didn't show up because it scanned as just a white page. If it had scanned correctly it would have shown up here. Since this happened, I have decided to make this my next project.

Large ZIA

ZIA or Abstract?
I have not yet decided what direction I will go with this.

ZIA or Abstract?
Another one I haven't made a decision on.

In the process of scanning one of them showed up as just a blank page with very faint lines of the image. I think this happened because the image is currently in pencil. I started to go over the lines in pen; however, being a WIP i don't know that I want to do outlines as of yet.
Finished?
I am still trying to decide if this is finished or not. I feel that if that question exists, it probably isn't finished.
Tangles:Squid, Tipple, Pokeleaf, Rixty, Seed Grid J-1, Line fill

The last pages I scanned are pages where I have been practicing on different tangle patterns and how they look with the variations or with other tangles.


Tangles: Maryhill(variations and tangellations), Parados, Knot Ricks





Tangles: Maryhill and tangellations, Paradox
These are all images from a 9X12 mix media sketch book, thus the reason I label them large. I very rarely do the traditional 3.5x3.5 square tile. I do, however, sometimes do ATC's. 

I am in the process of reorganizing, or renesting as I like to call it. That will probably be a 2 or three week project, as I don't relish the thought of going through all my "stuff". I do however need to work on getting things better organized. This week I will have the weekend to do some stuff, if I don't get sidetracked by going out and about.

I'm off to ponder my next project and start putting pen, or pencil, to paper.

I almost forgot, I have reached the 500 mark in pageviews. Thank you all for looking at my work and ponderings. Please continue to take a peek and leave a comment or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate