Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Hurray!

JD has arrived at his destination a full 24 hours after he was due to be there. Amtrak did put them up in a motel last night and provided transportation to and from the station. He said the train ride from Chicago was still messed up and that he was not going to ride the train again. I was just really glad to hear his voice and know he was safe. 

I spent the afternoon with my daughter and her husband. We went to Utrecht(also known as Blick Art Supply) where I got 2 new Derwent Inktence pencils. I thought I was getting the coloursoft ones and didn't realize I had the wrong ones until I got home. I picked up some fixative spray and a pencil sharpener with a hole large enough for me to sharpen my Derwent pencils. We had lunch at Jimmy John's and then it was off to Hobby Lobby where we picked up clay and I got some molds to experiment with. Our last stop was at Lowe's. Ronnie had a bard cut down so he can build a molding frame. They are working on a project for dog treats. I told them by the time they are done they will be crafters, artists, carpenters and chefs. Their idea sounds really good and I wish them great success. 

I tried to scan my pictures earlier, but after looking at the scans I realized I am going to have to go over them in pen because the pencil lines don't show up real well. I also worked on an ATC with a quote that I really like. I ran across some quilling I had done a few years ago and am in the process of mounting them on cardstock. Hopefully I will have something to scan in tomorrow. 

Quote: "I got my own back."  Maya Angelou

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate