Monday, July 21, 2014

New ZIA

I was experimenting with a new Zentangle(R) pattern called Maryhill and decided to create a ZIA for my daughter. I basically stayed with a black, purple and blue color scheme. I used circles for the layout and did different tangles in the circles. The top left circle have tangles that spell out her name and I put her initials in the top right circle. I also included a pink orb at the bottom. I use this as my signature in tribute to being a breast cancer survivor. I really enjoyed doing this ZIA and was very pleased with the results. I did the shading with colored and regular pencil and used Pigma Microns for the inkwork.

Tangles:Jilli, Eez, Shattuck, Spiro(my daughter likes to play Spyro on her Playstation),Ionic, C-Scape, Aa's,Crescent Moon, Hi-C combined with Daggerly, Echoism(variation), HurryJessicup, Maryville and a variation I like to call Marryville Flower, Paradox, Ixorus

 I have quite a bit to do the next few days as I am going to have to create two new resumes. I realized when I tried to upload one for my friend that they are on my old laptop and I didn't put them on my external hard drive (duh). I also have to go work at his Mom's tomorrow afternoon. I don't know if I will have time to do anything creative, but will try. I always have ideas buzzing around and may just post some practice work the next few days.

I gave up on the J. K. Rowling book and have been reading "Sycamore Row" by John Grisham. It's based in the same place, and has some of the same characters, as "A Time to Kill". I watched the movie and I keep hearing the actors voices as I read the book. This is the main reason I often don't want to watch movies based on books I have read. It took me a long time to watch "The Lord of the Rings" movies because I already had a mental image of what the characters looked like. I used to read that trilogy every spring and would develop a wanderlust and want to go to Middle-Earth. I did not, however, have the same reluctance to watch the Harry Potter movies. I did find it amusing that my daughter did not want to read the books (she thought Harry Potter was "lame") since she was in the age group that J. K. Rowling was writing for at the time. She quickly changed her mind when Dumbledore changed the decorations in one of the dinner scenes; and has since become a huge Harry Potter fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate