Wednesday, July 9, 2014

I started on a new poem today and then went over to my daughters house. I spent the large majority of the day there. I hadn't finished my poem yet so don't know if I will be able to post it today or not.

 The people finally came to remove the tree limbs off the power lines. About three hours, and one damaged fence later, they finished. They had to shut off the power to the neighborhood and also go several houses up to cut down limbs. My daughter and her husband have two adult dogs, one puppy and three cats. The oldest dog is a German Shepherd/Akita mix about 13 years old, the other dog(actually their friends dog) is a Lab/Pit bull mix about 2-3 years old and the puppy is a 4 month old mastiff. The cats are all grown, 2 males and 1 female. Needless to say sometimes it can get a little chaotic around there. The oldest dog wants no parts of the puppy and the one female cat will swipe her given the chance.

This brings me to musings on relationships. The interactions that people engage in, be it with other people or people and animals. I find that sometimes the most lasting and loving relationships are with pets and one of the first relationships that children are involved with outside of family members. Unfortunately, these can also be somewhat abusive relationships. Our interaction with animals can teach us to be loving, caring and gentle. Our relationships with people can teach us the same things. However, it is the human relationships that can also teach us to be mean, cruel and heartless. When those lessons are learned at an early age it is evidenced all through life. I think the basic instinct of all humans is to love and be loved; but often what we learn tints, and sometimes taints our ability to give and receive love. I told someone once that humans are the only animals that kill for something other than survival. Watching the news, reading the headlines only reinforces those thoughts. However, I believe and have faith that the human species will survive despite their shortcomings. I always tell young people when they are involved in a relationship that there are actually three personalities involved. The two people and the relationship itself. I also advise them when they are arguing or disagreeing to never say something just to hurt the other person. If you say something mean it; if you are trying to hurt someone(physically or verbally), walk away. The human mind is such that what is said will be remembered and played over again and again internally. If you continue to be in the relationship, those hurtful words can surface at a later time (one week, one year, 15 years) and be thrown back at you. You may have forgotten what was said, but the person you said them to won't. Enough on the musing, just remember to be kind: to yourself and others.

I am flipping back and forth between my blog and the KC Royals/Tampa Bay Rays game. I live in KC and want the Royals to win. I also have a cousin that plays for Tampa Bay and want to see him do good also. When I first started watching the game Kansas City was ahead 2-0 and my cousin was walked to first. Tampa Bay then went on to get 4 runs in the bottom of the fourth. As I finish this blog it is the bottom of the ninth and my cousin is again at bat with the Royals leading 5-4, with 1 out. Well my cousin grounded out and the next batter got 3 strikes. The Royals win 5-4, Go Royals.

I finished my third Blackout poetry ZIA, picture posted below.

Are You Sure
Stunned, proud,ashamed,dazed,somber
She asked
Are you sure?
Zentangles: Unamed, Flukes, Whirly Bird, Ballace, Golven, Hibred

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate