Monday, July 7, 2014

Books!!!!!

I have renewed my library card. Now that I have a little more time to dabble in everything, I am going to the library once again. I recently checked out a book called "Cuckoo's Calling" by Robert Galbraith (aka J. K. Rowling). I also checked out some art books, computer books, books on lettering and clip art books. Some of these I checked out to broaden my knowledge, some because they are pretty to look and and might inspie my creative side and the lettering books because I want to learn something new and useful. I also picked up a book called " Stories in Stone: A Field Guide to Cemetery Symbolism and Iconography" by Douglas Keister.
As you may be able to tell, I have a very diverse and eclectic mind. I believe it has something to do with my upbringing and a natural curiosity that has never left me. I studied astrology for awhile and learned quite a lot about what motivates my behavior. I have Gemini rising and a Gemini moon and my Mars is retrograde. I think these placements have a lot to do with my thirst for knowledge and my ability to understand symbology. I wish I had known that when I was younger, it might have changed my career path.
I will let you know how the Galbraith book is and may even give a review of some of the other books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate