Sunday, August 17, 2014

Do You Cheat? I Do, Sometimes.

I sometimes do the little "shortcuts" that I think make things better. Either in appearance or ease of producing. In doing Zentangle (R) tiles, I sometimes use a dot grid from a printout of dots I made (along with squares also). It all depends on waht I am doing and how uniform I want it to look. I do most of my work freehand, however there are times when I want my dots or squares to line up. I mostly do this when I am learning to do a pattern. After I have "learned" how to do it, then I play. Then I do the what if. What if I curve the lines, what if the lines are wavy, what if the dots are farther apart or closer together? Sometimes I cheat on Sudoku puzzles also. If the answer is in the back of the book and I am seriously stuck, I cheat. I don't, however, cheat on reading. I will not flip to the back of a book to see the ending, I like being in suspense as to the outcome. I don't cheat at cards. Years ago my husband and I were playing poker for Pokeno chips. He ended up taking all my chips and I realized he was dealing from the bottom of the deck, so to speak. I have not played poker since ( that was over 30 years ago). When I said something to him about it he chuckled. When I put puzzles together I break apart all the pieces first, mix them up and don't use already attached pieces.
Do you cheat?

Enough on that subject. I was playing around with Fracas an official Zentangle(R) tangle earlier and came up with a pattern I really like. It reminds me of so many other patterns, with little twists. I woke up this morning and played with it some more. I originally started with what I think of as the cross pattern (i.e. the beginnings of Fracas, Ixorus, Drupe, etc.). I guess it's more like a star shape.


 After I played with that I went on to a square gird,



a triangle, and a circle.



More triangles.





My practice page.



Some Inchies.


Finally I had to come up with a name. This was not an easy task. After much deliberation, I came up with Decollation. Why? It reminds me of Art Deco and also tangellations on numerous other tangles.

The step outs for Decollation are below.



Decollation Monotangle.

Almost pretangle

Before shading

Shaded




No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate