Monday, August 11, 2014

"Genie,you're free"

The above was tweeted by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences along with a picture of the Genie hugging Aladdin from the animated film 'Aladdin', in response to the death of Robin Williams. This, to me, was the most moving and profound tweet I read. I grew up with Robin Williams and truly enjoyed his acting and comedy. It is sad that his life ended as it did. Often we miss the pain that others are suffering mentally because we can't see it. One of our local weathermen committed suicide several years ago. He was very comedic in his television persona and a generally likable person. He was one of the main reasons I watched the news on that channel. Not only was the general public in shock at the news, most of his coworkers were also. As with Williams, he had battled depression for years.  I think that we need to be more aware of the pain that others suffer. It is difficult to know, however, when others are suffering emotional pain because there aren't really any outward signs of the problem.

Hug your friends and family and let them know that you love them and are there for them no matter what. If you think there may be a problem, find a way to talk with them about it. Most of all remember that whatever they are going through and however they find to resolve it, you are not to blame.

On to lighter things. I managed to do my Inchie challenge today. The subject was Plum. I don't know how to draw fruit and didn't want to put a Plum blob on my inchie; so, I decided to think outside the box. I did a plum colored plumb.

I am also working on my Joey's Weekly Tangle Challenge. This week it is to tangle a sun. I've done a couple, but I'm not ready to post those yet.


6 comments:

  1. love the inchie, great job on that. I just heard about Robin Williams, truly sad to hear that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we need to let those we care about know that we love them. So sad. Robin Williams was always able to make me laugh but you could always see that he was in pain.
    Back to your inchie. It is difficult not to do the obvious so I really like where you went with this one. (Not that there's anything wrong with the obvious, I just usually can't pull off the obvious HAHA!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have problems pulling off the obvious also :)

      Delete
  3. A double inchie - a plum plumb - I love it. I really like the colour you got and how shiny it.is. So sad about a man who brought so much happiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I used a jellyroll type pen for the silver.

      Delete

Translate