Saturday, September 20, 2014

The Pink Orb

I finished my tile for Tackle It Tuesday. This was more a matter of deciding what I was going to use, We needed to use tangles that started with S, E, and P. After much playing and deliberating, I had the duh moment. For P I could use my pattern, Planturn, you can find the step outs on my blog. I then used Sp-Eye-Ryl, Eez and Euca.


My Tackled, Tackle It Tuesday tile:

Tackled 

I will be including a pink orb in all my future work. The reason I use this orb is two-fold:
1) In Zentangle(R) there is no top or bottom and I think if someone is holding the work they should be able to rotate it and decide which way they want to display it. For this reason I don't sign the front of my tiles or ATC's. So to indicate it is something created by me I include a pink orb with the design. Some of my earlier works included an orb that was colored (or not). On my scratchboard work I also try to include an orb with special scratchmarks coming off of it; almost like a comet.
2) I eventually settled on using a pink orb as my "signature" to recognize those afflicted with breast cancer. I am a breast cancer survivor (knock on wood) of 5 years. Since the pink ribbon was taken, and highly recognized, not to mention it would look awkward on my artwork, I opted for a pink orb.
I still include my signature and year created on the back of the work. When I do my hands and larger works that have a definite direction, I sign the lower right on the front and sometimes include the pink orb.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely tile, very beautiful!
    P.S. your link at Tackle it Tuesday is not working...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for liking my tile and pointing out the problem with my link. I redid it and used bmlilith for entry name.

      Delete
  2. Love your tile - I'm going to try and find the step out for your pattern. I like the little pink orbs - congrats on being a survivor and, as you say - where is up? in a zentangle! Well done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Step outs for my pattern are at the top of my blog in separate pages,

      Delete

Translate