Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Go Blue

The Kansas City Royals are playing the A's tonight in a wild card game at Royals stadium. In honor of this feat I made the following Inchie for the Every Inchie Monday Challenge.

Go Blue
I created this Inchie in honor of Buck O'Neil and the Royals. The W is something that happened this year
The Busk O'Neil Legacy Seat is the throne of Royal's stadium.
John Jordan "Buck" O'Neil was a first baseman and manager in the Negro American League, mostly with the Kansas City Monarchs. After his playing days, he worked as a scout, and became the first African American coach in Major League Baseball.

Buck O'Neil had an enormous impact on the world of baseball and the lives of the everyday people he touched. Buck spent many days and nights supporting the Royals from the same seat behind home plate at Kauffman Stadium, both as a scout and a fan. To honor Buck, the Buck O'Neil Legacy Seat program fills "Buck's Seat" for every home game with a member of the community who, on a large or small scale, embodies an aspect of Buck's spirit.




11 comments:

  1. Fantastic idea!!! You did a great job on going out of the box for this one!! And fine job on it!! Thanks for the message last week! It's been hard for me to get time to spend on the computer! :0) Share humanity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your idea for the inchie! Agree with Annette - way out of the box.
    You asked about the twinchies. Unfortunately, something happened on that website and they stopped publishing posts in April, but they do have a list til the end of the year. I started and now have to finish off the year faithfully, purely for myself. You can check out that blog here:
    http://twinchieschallenge.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments and for letting me know about the twinchies.

      Delete
  3. what a cool story and a great idea for the inchie. I think that is so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JL I left you a message on your profile. in "hangouts". Thanks again for the message you left on my blog. I am very interested

      Delete
  4. And what a game it was! So happy your Royals are in the playoffs - I was thinking of your during the game. Too bad my Blue Jays didn't do as well. Great idea for your inchie - I love it when people come up with unique ideas - the throne and the crown of the royals are great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! It always amazes me how we link our art/thought process for some of these inchies :-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete

Translate