Friday, September 26, 2014

Go Blue

The Kansas City Royals are going to the baseball playoffs for the first time in 29 years. Go Blue. I am not a big baseball fan, but right now I am ecstatic.


I have been playing some more with Helen Williams The String Thing and have decided to do a heart series. I don't have the control that she does but it does make for an interesting practice. I will also probably be doing an intense workout with Simone Bischoff's line drawing exercises and may incorporate that into my series also.

Heart 1

I don't have names for them yet, so I am just calling them Heart for now. The above is my first one.

I collected a couple more leaves today. We have Catalpa trees here in KCK (also known as the 'cigar' tree.) The leaves on it can get pretty large/ While waiting on the bus today I plucked 2 leaves to show the difference in size. I also plucked a cigar, the trees seedpod. I may do tangles with these later this weekend.



Both of the leaves were not only from the same tree, but from the same branch.

2 comments:

  1. wow, that string heart looks amazing! And very very complicated .... Love the leaves. Would make a great stamp :-)

    ReplyDelete

Translate