Friday, October 17, 2014

Pulling Hair

It's a good thing that we only speak figuratively of pulling out our hair in frustration, otherwise I would be bald.
I have even been temporarily reduced to tears, literally, by my computer problems. I keep getting caught up in working on my son-in-law's family tree. I was able to figure out the information for several people on his tree, had to delete an entirely different set of people and trace one of his family members to his immigration from England. Two problems I encountered: 1) for the group I deleted I didn't have the information written down to put them back on; 2) all of this took me about 10 hours to complete due to computer problems. Normally it would have taken me about 4 hours. I am hoping to get a temporary replacement computer so the virus can be removed from this one.

I did manage to complete some tiles and am posting them below. These were done over several days and not scanned until this morning ( I really need to get a digital camera, I think it would be easier to do pictures that way).

It's A String Thing 11: String 013, Tangles Jilli, Jitterz, Jetties

It;s A String Thing 13: String 010, Tangles Anridots, Angel Fish

It's A String Thing 14: String 050, Tangles Tagh, Tipple, Tortuca

Joey's Weekly Tangle Challenge 30: Tangles Trivet, Half Onions, Allium, Nvelope, Kuke, Sunflower
The Diva's Tangle Challenge 189: Tangle Yuma
It's A String Thing 15: String 019, Tangles Lacy, Lanie, Lokomotive, Longwood

Tackle It Tuesday MON: Tangles Maylea, (O), Nuwave

Twinchie Tuesday - Quote

It's A String Thing 10: String 012, Tangles Fish Net, Fiore, Fife

11 comments:

  1. I like your yuma. it reminds me of dandelion seeds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And don't let the computer get you down. Turn it off and pick up a pen.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your comments. I did pick up a pen earlier and jot down some much needed info to update tree. My daughter brought her old laptop over and took mine to see if her husband can remove virus.

      Delete
  3. great artwork here. especially like your Yuma - so light and airy. So sorry for your computer problems - we really do rely on them a bit too much these days - I was without internet for two days and felt totally cut off from the world. hope you can resolve your problems soon. Go KC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of wonderful art in your Post. Your Yuma does remind one of seeds in flight. Well done. May your computer be restored to good health in short order. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many to look! All are very lovely! especially I like your wonderful Yuma tile and the tile of String Thing #15! And really fun twinchie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been busy drawing all this tiles and you did well too. I can give you an advise: always keep a printed version (and of course a back-up) of important things, because computers can crash and you don't want to loose everything.
    And about a camera; I have one and also a phone that makes quite good photo's, but I prefer to scan, because the results are better.
    Success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. My camera on my phone is not the best, I do agree that scans are probably the best just a little tedious.

      Delete

Translate