Friday, October 3, 2014

Blessings

Yesterday morning I was listening to one of my favorite songs, "When You've Been Blessed" by Patti Labelle.
I posted it to my Facebook page with the comment "I've been blessed." Later that day I was going to wire some money to my friends daughter and it was pouring down rain. I hadn't been able to get a ride so we were going to take the bus. As we were walking out the door his cousin was coming up our sidewalk. After asking where we were headed he offered to take us. I was also able to make arrangements on a utility bill and pay my current rent plus reduce the balance I had on my back rent. To me these were all blessings as it helps to reduce some of the stress I have been feeling over my debts. As the lyrics of the song say, "When you've been blessed, feels like heaven." And,.. are you ready?, ... my Royals won again 3-2 in the 11th inning.

I was able to complete the tiles for my other challenges. After looking at them they are all kind of minimalistic.

Joey's Weekly Tangle Challenge asked us to use the tangle Knyt.


Tackle It Tuesday, use tangles beginning with B,E and R.

Tangles: Barberpole, Eez, Roel

It's A String Thing #60 was to use String #61 and tangles XAV (Adele Bruno), X (Lila Popcheff), Xplode (Margaret McKerihan) and/or Xeni (Jacqueline Jannsen).

Tangles: Xplode, XAV, Xeni

I dug out my cheapy digital camera and took some pictures to see how I did. The first two images were done with the camera, I accidentally deleted the photo for the third image.

I work today and tomorrow is my 11 hour day, so I don't know how much I will get done this weekend.

Quote: God has given you 86,400 seconds today. Have you taken 1 to say, Thank You?"

5 comments:

  1. Lovely tiles and very nice to read your hopeful stories...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you believe the Royals -you must be so excited - and now home field. Love your knitting - I having fits with the pattern - I'd rather do it with wool, so haven't posted yet, and may not. Your two other tiles are fun. I especially like the string thing one - light and airy. well done all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Go Blue!!!!!! Post your tile, you may not like it but we might. It is not an easy tile to do.

      Delete
  3. I love your knyt, it's so neat and nice, well done.

    ReplyDelete

Translate