Thursday, October 9, 2014

Same old Same old

I worked on getting my other challenges for this week completed and scanned. I also put them on my SD card so I wouldn't have too many pics on my computer.


Joey's Weekly Tangle Challenge invited us to use string #10 and any tangles beginning with O.
String #10,Tangles: Onomato , Oof, (O), Organza


For It's A String Thing we needed to use string #60 and one or more of the tangles Moonpie, Aquafleur, River, Gutz.


SUN was the choice for Tackle It Tuesday. We were to use the tangles SeZ, Up and Across, and Nymph.



For fun I did a Paradox monotangle in color and titled it Color-dox.



I also played around some with making 3-D looking images and attempted to draw some sugar skulls.The scan for the latter didn't show up well. I may go over them with black ink and rescan them. As I can't draw people or animals or other things like that, I wasn't real pleased with my attempts at drawing the skulls. At this point I will probably trace them ( I do that fairly well) and go from there.

Pre crop



I need to work some more on this. The square one looks flat and the circular one didn't come out like I wanted. I do think it would make a pretty wire wrapped pendant though.

I worked on a project involving cardboard and a way to keep/display my inchies for this year. As I am still working on those I'll post them later. 

I have some first cousins, living mostly in South Carolina, that I have never met. They are in Branson this weekend and are going to come to KC on Sunday to visit.  I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I am not really prepared to entertain visitors but will pull something together.

6 comments:

  1. great work - your three challenge tiles are excellent (I've been falling behind a little on these - must get to them) I like your practice for 3D - it is something I find difficult, but can be so effective. Hope you enjoy your relatives and go Royals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything you made is beautiful. I like the circulair very much, its like moving around. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That was kind of what I was trying to achieve.

      Delete
  3. Wow! You have been busy. You did a great job on the It's a String Thing challenge (which I found very difficult).

    ReplyDelete

Translate