Tuesday, November 11, 2014

In Memoriam

Today is veteran's day in the U.S.. As I take time to reflect on this I want to thank all of those, not just here, but around the world who have sacrificed for the freedom and safety of others.
 My husband was a Korean veteran and I saw how the after effects of being in war affected his life.He not only put his life on the line, he lost his innocence, friends, and a certain amount of joy in life.  He would often watch the news and lament on the state of world affairs. He strongly disliked the 4th of July celebrations because they brought back memories of being "under fire" (something I think a lot of veterans feel). He was fiercely loyal to his country and would often shed tears when hearing the Star Spangled Banner being sung. The incidents of September 11th were very hard on him. He passed away the January following this event, but never got over what happened.
As we take time to honor those who served, remember that they often sacrificed more than we will ever know so that we can be free.

I have finished the letters A-M in my Tackle It Tuesday catchup. I also did my response to the Diva's Weekly Challenge. as well as my Twinchie.

Diva's Weekly Challenge # 193 Tangles: Trio (Hanny Waldburger), Huggins, XYP

Tackle IT Tuesday "A", Tangles: Arches, Angel Fish, Arckles, Arnia

Tackle IT Tuesday "B", Tangles: Box Spirals, Beadlines, BB

Tackle It Tuesday "C", Tangles: Cadent, Cat-kin

Tackle It Tuesday "D", Tangles, Dragonair, Decollation ( JLJohnson), Druppe; (Mariet Lustenhouwer)

Tackle It Tuesday "E", Tangles: Efilys, Embellsih

Tackle It Tuesday "F", Tangles: Flowervine, Festones (Taman B)

Tackle It Tuesday "G", Tangles: Gewurta, Girlande

Tackle IT Tuesday "H", Tangles: Hi-C's

Tackle It Tuesday "I", Tangles: Ixorus, Ionic

Tackle It Tuesday "J", Tangles: Jalousie, Jajazz

Tackle It Tuesday "K", Tangles: Kitchener, Kandy Ribnz

Tackle It Tuesday "L", Tangles: Luv-a, Leau (Christina Vandervlist)

Tackle It Tuesday "M", Tangles: Mah-rah-mee, Me Three

Twinchie: Home

24 comments:

  1. All nicely done. I really like how you used Huggins as a border and your Trio is fabulous! My husband is a Vietnam vet and the scars sure do go deep. Thank God for all our brave and giving soldiers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. About Challenge 193. The Trio pattern is very nice end well shaded ! Très stylé !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the way you did Xyp, very stylish and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THESE ARE ALL SIMLY FANTASTIC! I left a message on your Inchie post, too! Really your work has just blossomed and is just gorgeous!! ;0) Share Humanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I continue to work and receive inspiration and encouragement from our wonderful community.

      Delete
  5. Wow! So much eye candy here! Great tiles, all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific Diva Challenge Tile. I love how you transitioned from Huggins to Xyp in your boarder. Wonderful use of bold lines in Trio. Your "Tackle it Tuesday" series is awesome. This is a wonderful Post. Thanks so much for your sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your husband's story is very moving - eternal thanks for his service to our country. Your tiles are just beautiful. Your THX tile is simple and elegant. Your Tackle It Tuesday tiles are all wonderful, with my favorites being G and M. They are very different from each other, but both strong and beautiful. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow lots of great work here! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do like your tile a lot. Thanks you for sharing your memories of your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The longer I tried to xyp the tighter it became...your xyp is so relaxed and pretty! Great work this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. my you have been busy! great work overall - do like how you have done the tritangle - so pleasing to look at

    ReplyDelete
  12. You were really busy. I like how you intertwined Xyp and Huggins in the border.

    ReplyDelete

Translate