Saturday, November 22, 2014

Anniversary

Today is an anniversary of several things.
The assassination of President Kennedy, 1963; my niece's birthday, 1972;the day I married my husband, 1980. There was no large wedding, we married at a minister's house. We were married for 21 years at the time of his death.  We had two daughters. The first, Pauline, was a premie and lived for 4 minutes. Our second, Jessica, was also a premie. She is a beautiful, smart young lady who has brought great joy to my life. She was the apple of her daddy's eye.


Paul and Jessica 1987
Today would have been our 34th anniversary. I miss him a great deal. I still celebrate, in my heart, our anniversary.
I'm not a big dancer and Paul and I didn't dance during our marriage. However, the Christmas before he passed away we were listening to a Nancy Wilson cd (one of our favorite singers).


Paul listening to Nancy Wilson 2011
On a whim, I asked him to dance, not knowing that in less than 30 days he would be gone. Jessica took some pictures of us dancing and I commemorated this, after his death, with a scrapbook page titled, "Save the Last Dance for Me".


Paul and I dancing to Nancy Wilson 2011

1932 - 2012

                                        Paul, I love you, and you still have the last dance.


I have been working on catching up on the Diva's challenges and have currently completed 13 of them. I haven't done challenge 7 or 13 yet. I am using a Canson mix media 5.5 x 8.5 to do my challenges in. This allows me to do 2 challenges per page. I divided the page so that I can put two 3.5x3.5 squares on it and have a margin to write the number of the challenge and the title of the challenge. Since they are in my sketch book the scans may be a little fuzzy sometimes. I will try to post my work at least twice a week, more or less.




Tangles: 1 - Knightsbridge; 2 - Crescent Moon, Onomato, Intersection

Tangles: 3- Rain, Queen's Crown, Pokeleaf; 4 - Munchin

Tangles: 5 - Nipa, Strircles, Bales, Opus; 6 - Ixorus

Tangles: 8 - Onomato(variation)

Tangles: 9 - Artoo; 10- Daggerly

Tangles: 11 - Inapod; 12 - Jeewels, Msst, Fescu, Jetties

Tangles: 14 - Arrowheads, Emingle, Basketweave, Baton, Bilt


Tangles: 15- Beeline, Dust Bunny, Crescent Moon, Hurakan



No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate