Monday, December 8, 2014

Jury Duty

I received a summons for jury duty the last week of November.
Where I live you can call the weekend before to see if your group needs to report on the following Monday. I left the paper on my dining room table so I could call this past weekend, the paper got thrown out while my better half was cleaning. Needless to say I had to report for jury duty this morning. I was selected for a jury panel but the person ended up pleading and we were released. In the two hours I spent going through the whole process, I practiced some things on the back of the paper we were given with information about where to go for snacks, where to park, etc. I call this "Jury Duty".

"Jury Duty"


I had thought our next Diva's Challenge would be Arukas. I was not disappointed. I have played with it a little bit but plan to play more (maybe this week). I did include the tangle in my Joey's Challenge also (I actually did this last week while playing around).

Diva's Challenge:






Joey's Weekly Tangle Challenge:


Every Inchie Monday - Yo-yo:


I am going to go ahead and post my Twinchie - santa:






I did two more tiles for the Pattern Mixer challenge. One is a sgrafitto and it didn't really scan well, but it looks pretty in person.






I also finished the hands my cousins sent me to do. I used tangles starting with the letters in their first names for the fingers.I still need the youngest sister's hand so I can do a composite piece.

Agnita pre tangle

Agnita tangled hand: Tangles: Antidots, g-whiz (JLJohnson), Nipa, Intersection, Twenty-one, Arckles, Angel Fish, Fescu, Tipple, Linked, Krli-Q, Henna Drum, Betweed

Arthuree pre tangle

Arthuree tangled hand: Tangles: Amphora, Rain, Tearce, Hi-C's, Up and Across, Roel, Eez, Eke, Crescent Moon, Roscoe, Msst, Dragonair

Jean pre tangle

Jean tangled hand: Tangles: Betweed, Jalousie, Eyehook, Aa's, 'Nzeppel' Tipple. X-Did, Pia, Y-ful Power, Paradox

39 comments:

  1. Wow You have been busy. Lots of great work and I really like the different ways you used on your tile for this weeks challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great drawing! Love the hands and sgrafitto. Very inspirational way to relax at jury duty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I love all your tiles and your "jury duty" creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love all the work! awesome job on the hands!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, how many works did you do this week. They look all great. So many inspiration, so many different pieces. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how much work and so nice! I like your tile for the diva challenge, because I am a big fan of arukas ;-) And your pattern-mix-tiles are also great!
    I think to tangle hands is also a wonderful idea - very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I can't wait to send the hands to my cousins.

      Delete
  7. All your work fot this week is beautiful. The tile with Arukas is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely work! I guess 'Jury Duty' takes you (in your mond) straight back into the room where you were waiting. Funny how your mind is able to remember things like that :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We waited so long to find out if we would have to serve I thought I was watching paint dry.

      Delete
  9. Great work here. You have been busy. Is Duncan the name of the yo-yo company.? Good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. JL. I had to laugh at this one. I had very much the same experience on my jury duty day on November 18th. I didn't lose my summons with the number to call, but I had to report. I sat there from 8:15 until 2:30 pm when they finally dismissed my panel because our defendant entered a plea. I spent my waiting time exactly the same way you did. That's one thing I love about tangling----jury duty, no problem. 19 hour plane ride from South Africa to New York---bring it on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I didn't have to wait as long as you, but it felt like it.

      Delete
  11. As long as we have a piece of paper and a pen or pencil, we're ready! Good way to use your time. Very nice pieces this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was tangle or sleep. The latter would probably have been frowned upon.

      Delete
  12. What a fun Post. Your challenge Tile is great. Love your tangalations, and the use of Black. Very impressive body of work this week. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My, you have been a busy girl! I love your Jury Duty piece. Glad you didn't have to sit through a trial. I always worry I'd be stuck on some months-long deal, but like you, I have mostly lucked out. Using hands from your family is a great idea. They are beautiful and a wonderful keepsake. You did good, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Who woulda thunk jury duty could be so profitable? WONDERFUL creations this week....especially love those hands! Greatly inspired here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many lovely pieces! Especially I like your Akuras tile. Great variations!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Votre premier dessin proposent des variations très intéressantes, cela montre comme ce nouveau motif peut se prêter à de nombreuses fantaisie. j'aime beaucoup.
    Your first drawing offer very interesting variations, it shows as new pattern can lend itself to many fantasy. I love.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You were very, very busy and with great results!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great amount of work! I must say I love that piece on the mooka / rixity combination! And your "hands" are all so fun and playful. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  19. JL, a great variety of work. The hands are a loving tribute to their owners. You have done them well for your family. Glad you're done your civic duty without too much fuss. Have a brilliant day! c

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow, a full production line :)
    Loved the "jury duty" story and paper. Time well spent.
    Lovely Arukas variation, and nice combination of the 4 main shapes.
    Loved the YoYo (who is Duncan?)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you. Duncan was a toy manufacturer famous for it's yo-yo.

    ReplyDelete

Translate