Sunday, April 21, 2013

Thriftstore Delight

I posted my Zendoodle(R) practice photos for 04/01 - 04/20 to my experimenting page today. Check them out and let me know what you think.
I was at the DAV thrift store the other day looking for things to use in my art. As I was browsing I meandered into the childrens room and found some of those chunky cardboard books. I thought these would be neat to do something with. I checked to see how much they were and to my surprise and delight the childrens books were 15 for $1.00. I quickly picked out 15 books I wanted to use. I also found a book of sheet music for those learning to play an instrument for .25 and got that also. While I was in the Goodwill store I found a book called Designer Doodles for $2.00. It has "fashion" blanks that you can doodle/decorate. As I was looking through it today I had all kinds of ideas for using it in my art journal/altered book projects(wish I had two but will possibly use photocopies).  I also found a chucky cheese mini lunchbox. I am experimenting with how to alter it and deciding what I want to do with it.

I have been gessoing my little books and dreaming of what I am going to do. Depending on how they turn out, I may put some of them in my etsy store as journals for others to continue the creative process with, hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate