Friday, January 30, 2015

Failure/Success

My hydrangea experiment didn't quite turn out as envisioned.
I think the nail polish was somewhat toxic to the flowers. They became discolored and in some areas almost transparent. I had 3 that did retain their color. They were smaller blooms and a bud. I will use those on my scrapbook page. I am going to keep the others to possibly use on a journal/mixed media page.

I spent today reorganizing my supplies for doing work with paper/mixed media/journals. I realized the system I had wasn't working out as planned. It is now a little more streamlined and will hopefully work better.

I did manage to get my Square One tile done using the prompt for last week and this week. The tangles to use were Rixty and Quandary. I threw in a little Pokeleaf just for fun.









I also made some rubberband bracelets while watching YouTube earlier.



I have a couple of blank 16x20 canvases and 1 that I started on several years ago. I have an idea of an art piece I want to do and hope to start on it this weekend. I will probably need to go to my basement and lay it out on my washer and dryer to have the largest space for it to dry and not be disturbed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate