Thursday, January 29, 2015


As of today, I have over 10,000 pageviews. That is awesome.

I did an experiment today with some Hydrangea petals. Some I put in between book pages to dry the old fashioned way, I coated some with clear nail polish, and some others I put a thin coat of Mod Podge dimensional magic on. I tried the last two methods because I wanted to retain the color in the flower and I wanted to see what would happen. I ended up putting a thin coating of the Mod Podge on the ones with the nail polish also. They are currently sitting and drying and I will see what they look like tomorrow. The pictures below show how the flowers look now and the last photo shows the way the hydrangea looks untreated.

Add caption

I completed the following challenges today:

It's A String Thing #77: String 077, Tangles: Heartrope, Heartstrings, Heartvine, Luv-a

That's New To Me #4: "U" Tangles: Uni, Up n Down

Tackle It Tuesday #58: A-B-C Tangles: Arcdos, Butter, Cadent


  1. Anxious to see which works best in retaining the color! I love my hydrangeas.

  2. Janis, thanks for always joining in on the Tackle It Tuesday challenges! Great job by the way!

    1. Thank you for hosting the challenges, I would be lost without them. They keep my mind fresh.

  3. What a lovely experiment. All your tiles are very pretty!! Good to find your blog! I have done A-B-C but it is publishing tomorrow or Sunday.
    ~ Diane Clancy

  4. Congratulations on your 10000 page views! Very nice tile for the challenge. I like your String Thing tile as well. It was hard to fit all the patterns into that string.

  5. Congrats on your 10,000 views! :) What a lovely milestone. Pretty tiles too!

  6. Congratulations on 10,000 views. I Love all your entries for various challenges